A Walt Disney World holiday is a once in a lifetime experience and having just returned from one in Florida, I can say first hand that the magic really is incredible. To enable you to get the most from you’re trip, I’ve compiled a list of the best tips, trips and hacks. With these useful insights, you will not only save money but make the most of your time with Mickey.
1. Choose your Magic Band – They really are magical! A simple tap of the band can open your hotel room, synchronise your pictures online or pay for your Disney meal, ride or merchandise. Prior to departure, choose your preferred style and colour from disneyworld.disney.go.com and collect from the hotel on arrival.
2. Download My Disney Experience App – For a seamless Disney experience this app is essential. My Disney App allows you to explore the resorts, study the park maps and view wait times for rides, attractions and character meets. Plan and Play your Disney adventure with all these great features
3. Download Disney Films for the Plane Journey – Get excited and immerse yourself in the magic before you set foot in a Disney hotel, resort or park. iPads can store Disney film content from Netflicks, iTunes or Amazon Film and are a great way to pass the time on the plane journey.
4. Plan your Day over Breakfast with Mickey, Minnie & Donald! – Get the most out of every day in Disney by planning your day before you hit the busy parks. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the gang are often around at breakfast time and love a selfie.
5. Don’t delay your day and hitch a ride on a Water Taxi – Start the fun and arrive in the Disney Parks within 20 minutes by gliding across the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. With most routes running in 15- to 30-minute intervals, the water taxis are a fun alternative to the buses and mono rails.
6. Use your Disney Fast Pass to skip the queues – Queue no more with the Disney Fast Pass+ service. All theme park admissions get three fast passes so you can jump straight to the front for your favourite rides and attractions. Perfect for the things you really want to experience the most.
7. Take meal breaks outside of peak times – Grabbing a delicious bite to eat with your favourite Disney characters and restaurants is a great part of the day. But to avoid the queues, I’d recommended you lunch at 10:00 – 11:00 or 14:00 – 15:00, allowing you more time to enjoy the magic.
8.Capture your best pics with the Disney Park Photographers – On hand to take your picture at the best moments are the Disney photographers. Magical memories are captured in style with professional photography. Simply scan you’re magic band afterwards to see yourself (and the magic!) on memory maker.
9. Will the real Mickey Mouse please stand up? – Go backstage at the Town Square Theatre and meet Mickey Mouse. This Mickey has a squeaky voice and can perform a spot of magic. The greatest moment of all is getting a hug from the grand performer of Disney himself.
10. Bring a refillable water bottle for taps in the park – All around the park there are water fountains to refill your bottle so there’s no need to splash out on a new bottle each time you’re thirsty. The Disney shops sell water bottles with all your favourite characters.
11. Wear a poncho on water rides to avoid getting soaked – Getting a bit splashed is all part of the fun but to avoid a drenching on the log flume rides, we recommend wearing a poncho. Disney ponchos can be purchased from the shops and are a fun souvenir to take home with you
12. Character Meets on your iPhone or Camera – Capture magical moments with all the Disney characters and share these on Facebook. Each message can be personalised to your loved ones and it’s a great way to share the experience with anyone back at home.
13. Snack on Mickey Mouse Ice Creams and Turkey Legs – In between meal times keep yourself going with these tasty park snacks. The yummy ice creams have cute Mickey Mouse ears and will cool you down in the scorching sunshine. The turkey legs are a novelty but very juicy snack.
14. Let the inner child in you loose – How could you not? Disney is the place where dreams come true and there are six wonderful parks of magic to explore. As a once in a lifetime holiday experience, let your inner child loose and immerse yourself in the magic.
What other tips and tricks are there for a Walt Disney holiday? Let us know in the comments below.